Monday 6 May 2013

Audience Feedback


During the planning of my media texts I had several conversations which involved me asking questions and noting down peoples opinions on certain aspect. I also conducted focus groups with family, friends and teachers on a number of different decisions that would shape the aspects of my media texts. I felt audience feedback was crucially important as just going on my personal preference and instinct would not be sufficient enough and wouldn't represent the views of a wider public. One conversation I had was when I asked my peers what poster would be the best option, I had my peers look at several different sketch and layout possibilities and asked them what there favourite was. I feel having a third person perspective really helped me in the development and decision making of the production of my media texts. I also asked my family on there opinion whilst I was producing my magazine cover, I felt having a varied demographic of people each voicing there opinion on certain design factors helped me engineer a magazine cover that would appeal to a broader public, than just asking peers, who were around the same age as myself.

Questions I asked consisted of:
What sketched design would fit best for my poster ?
What poster layout design would fit best for my poster ?
What image, when cut out would look best on my magazine cover ?
What colours would you expect to see on a Horror themed poster ?
What magazine name sounds best in regards to its mainstream nature ?

By showing my teachers the several sketches I had drawn and asking them which one would suffice, I came to a conclusion, and was happy with the choice as I agreed. Having taught Media studies I asked my teacher what layout would be best for my chosen image, he advised me and I went with his opinion. I asked my family what image (out of the options I showed them) would look best on a magazine cover.  Having looked at many posters by this point I was sure What colours I would use on my poster, but just in case I asked peers what they thought about colours like Black, Red, and white on a horror poster, and then agreed with my judgement.

One decision I was completely unsure on was deciding on what my magazine would be called, after deciding my magazine would be mainstream, I focused my attention on looking at the type of names of these publications, having gained what kinds of names and words were regularly being used on mainstream film publications, I listed several potential names, and Wrote why  they would be a suitable choice. Still not convinced and on what name I should go for, I carried out a survey, and asked fifty people what name sounds best for a mainstream film magazine. I put my results into a pie chart to clearly show the results, and the result showed in favour of the name 'MOVIE'. I felt the choice was to favourable to ignore, so I chose the name 'MOVIE'.







No comments:

Post a Comment