Thursday 2 May 2013

Evaluation New Media Technologies


How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Firstly I set up my blog which holds all my research and planning, by setting up a Gmail account I am given not only the option to have a blog but also a youtube account, Blogger not only allows me to write posts but also allows me to share videos, link pictures to my blog and reach a global audience, I have used all these benefits through the use of blogger.



Photoshop

Photoshop has played a massive part in the post production stage with my research and planning in the following ways. It enabled me to annotate magazine covers and posters, create my magazine cover, and create my poster, photoshop allowed me to edit and adjust pictures, such as the central image on my poster, it also enabled me to put certain effects on my poster such as fading and dimming the brightness and saturation, A very useful tool photoshop provides is the lasso cutting tool, this tol allowed me to cut around my dominant image and put it on an alternative background. The tool bar on photoshop also benefited me as it gave a variety of different cutting tools, text box tool, and image correction tools, which were incorporated into making my poster and magazine cover. 

     
          


Avid Media Composer

Avid Media Composer enabled me to edit all my shots and most importantly create my entire teaser trailer. Avid was very practical and easy to use, an example of this is how Avid enables users to open several bins/folders at a time, meaning accessing certain shots is easier as they can be categorised, another advantage of these folders was that they could hold other media, such as sound effects, music tracks and title captions. As well as the multiple folders, AMD also has a multi track system which was very helpful as it meant I could have one track for the shots, one for the music and sound and one for the captions, which when all brought together using this feature creates the final piece, which is the trailer.
























Adobe audition


Adobe audition enabled me to edit my music and sound effects, it also came in handy editing voice note which were included in my trailer, similarly to AMC Adobe allows for a multi track system, this came in extremely helpful when I had to merge to pieces of music together in my trailer













No comments:

Post a Comment