Sunday 5 May 2013

Teaser Trailer evaluation


Teaser trailer

For the main production task I filmed and edited a teaser trailer which was inspired by big mainstream Horror movies. my task was to create a teaser trailer on a genre I was interested in, and to do this I had to carry out  research and planning into primarily what aspects make a teaser a teaser trailer and what conventions of teaser trailers contribute to there authenticity and realism. The first task I carried out was to compare conventional theatrical trailers to teaser trailers. By carrying out this task I felt I had a basic understanding of the main differences and similarities between teaser trailers and theatrical trailers, this task acted as a platform for my research and planning of teaser trailers as I had understood the main difference. The next task I carried out enabled me to identify conventions of teaser trailers, this task really helped me understand what makes a teaser trailer and by this point I could not only identify the difference between a teaser trailer and a conventional trailer, but I also understood the conventions that make a teaser trailer a teaser trailer.

By this point I felt I was ready to plan, the next few tasks I carried out were the planning tasks which  included analysing different productions companies that would be suitable to make my film, compiling a list of fonts and taglines that may be used in my teaser trailer, a list of music and a shot list for my trailer. After completing these tasks I was prepared to create my media product.

I have taken numerous screen shots of the editing stage of my production.















No comments:

Post a Comment